|Here are New Year's Resolutions from the past. Sometimes I add on later. Some never get checked off.|
Although it's not right on time (you can't wait until January to start everything!), I've decided to meld my goals for this year into the Intentional Life Project. Linking up with Bre, Ginny, Erica , Emily, and Jacqueline, who are also updating their progress and tips for this project.
===> JANUARY GOALS: (FAMILY)
- Visit mother (out-of-state, same coast) since we'll move across country soon.
- Take vitamins and use my Vitamix to make and drink smoothies more regularly. My mother always reminds me to take vitamins. My Vitamix recipe photos go viral on Pinterest.
===> PROGRESS: I visited my mother for the longest ever! 10 Days! It's rare that she was between jobs and had time to hang out, and my stepdad (who has a serious illness) was feeling well and in good spirits, so the trip was better than I could have hoped for. I was nervous about being a polite houseguest for so long, since my stepdad has a hard time dealing with company, my gluten free diet makes eating a bit difficult, and my mother can treat me like a child at times.
|My boyfriend sent me with a gift: a box of cards he wrote in...one for each of the 10 days I was gone.|
Before I left, my marine surprised me with a gift to open when I got to my mom's. It was a box of greeting cards, one for me to open each day, with greetings and well-wishes and motivating words written inside from him and our furbabies. It was very romantic and sweet (and extra special, since this type of thoughtfulness is not a habit of his, with all due respect, remember- he's not a planner)!
***Karma?***After my divorce, when I was learning how to be a girlfriend again, I sent a card a day to my new boyfriend (at the time) while I was out-of-town for the holidays and when I got back, the jerk rudely, passive-aggressively, and purposely made a show (in front of me) of begrudgingly retrieving a bunch of them, unopened, out of the mailbox to illustrate how little he thought of the gesture. At the time, it made me feel like he viewed me as desperate and trying too hard (hey, I was trying to correct the mistakes from my divorce and give out more attention). Now, I feel redeemed! I enjoyed receiving the cards from my CURRENT and BEST boyfriend, and have kept them in the box on my dresser ever since.
Regarding the vitamins and smoothies, I'd say I've been doing smoothies all week, biweekly. Vitamins, about every-other-day, which is an improvement.
===> FEBRUARY GOALS (Intentional Life Project monthly focus of Health):
- Learn to speak some Norwegian. (I'm a Viking by heritage. Puts some pieces into place, doesn't it?) Keeping my mind active and healthy, always learning new things. Challenging new things!
- Eat healthier and increase workouts to 4 times per week.
- In January, I downloaded a Norwegian Language App and have been using it.
|Norwegian woman. Viking. Vikings show.|
- As of March, I am working out 5x per week. I began working as an "extra" on Vampire Diaries to pay for a new "fancy" gym from our "has seen better days" crossfit gym. I have been doing a 5k weekly, taking a swim class (water resistance!) and also tried new classes: Sh'Bam!, Le Barre, and Kardio Funk.
===> MARCH GOALS (Intentional Life Project monthly focus of Money):
- Earn $ by teaching a Zen Doodle class at a nearby spiritual center seeking instructors.
- Research expected expenses for our move to California this summer and discuss a "rough" budget with my marine.
- Save the tax returns.
- I prepared for and taught the class. Only a couple people turned up, but it was fun. I probably will change the topic if I do it again so the price can be more attractive to people. It'd be easier if I didn't have to give half my earnings to the center as well. I have not been paid yet.
- My Leatherneck and I had a "fro-yo" date and wrote the budget on a napkin. It was fun.
- Saved the tax returns.