Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dunwoody Bakery

Dunwoody Gluten Free Bakery extended its hours and is open until 2 on Sat, so we went today. The verdict is: nothing earth-shattering.
We sampled: muffins (one was chalky and the other lacked flavor), chi brownies (good flavor, a bit oily), protein bar (Seth loves pb- eats it str8 from jar)so he liked it. It didn't appeal to me. I don't like scones or macaroons. The cookies didn't look good.
We bought: Cake pops (red velvet-neither of us liked them- the flavor was off). Won't buy again. Seth bought a peanut butter block, er, protein bar, and I bought Pure Knead buns.
In sum, it was a bit disappointing. I would recommend that they make stuff real bakeries have: tarts, pies, donuts, turnovers, etc. Nobody wants a cookie that looks like a dried out dough ball.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gluten Free Favorites